Flagstaff Guardianship Attorney
Estate Planning To Safeguard Your Future
Choice is a difficult proposition for most Americans. While we enjoy the notion of having as many choices as possible, the nitty-gritty of making a plan, and sticking with it, is not as much fun.
At the Law Office of Tony S. Cullum, in Flagstaff, we take the unpleasantness out of planning for the future. We help Arizona clients of all ages and occupations make the most out of their money and their freedom of choice. We do this using the power of the estate plan.
Our founding attorney, Tony S. Cullum, has decades of experience in drafting, reviewing and defending important planning documents for clients in Coconino County and surrounding areas. With your input, he can craft for you a comprehensive estate plan containing as many or as few of the following parts as needed:
- Wills and trusts. These flexible and powerful documents are the bedrock of any estate plan, for they can define how your assets will be used in the future. If you have questions about creating a last will and testament or living trust, we encourage you to discuss them with us, as they can save you and your family money, time and emotional distress, while avoiding probate and other legal hassles.
- Living wills. The term “living will” is misleading, as the document to which it refers is not a true will. Rather, it can set boundaries on how much, or how little, medical care you wish to receive if you become incapacitated or close to death. Our law office can draft a living will for you that meets your requirements.
- Powers of attorney. Through this legal document, you may grant certain rights and obligations upon chosen individuals, to manage your assets, pay your bills, make health care decisions for you, or handle other duties. These powers can have limits that you choose. Our lawyer can discuss your options with you and help you define which powers you wish your power of attorney to provide.
- Guardianships. If you have minor children, it is wise to appoint in your will a guardian (or guardians) to care for them if both parents die. Failing to create a guardianship will leave their care at the discretion of a judge, who may not make the same choices for your children as you intend. We can help you establish a guardianship for your children, and even your pets, if desired.
- Amendments. If you already have an estate plan, but you haven’t updated it in a while, we can help. We will discuss your current circumstances and goals, and amend your will, trusts, powers of attorney and other documents to reflect your wishes.
Estate Administration And Probate Representation
Our law firm also provides counsel and representation to executors, trustees, chosen representatives and others who have been given authority over people’s assets and health care decisions. We can assist you with all steps of the probate process, including:
- Creating a plan of action to probate the estate fairly and expeditiously
- Filing the will with the Arizona probate court
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Valuating the estate
- Managing and liquidating assets as appropriate
- Paying taxes and other debts
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring professionals and experts when necessary
Sometimes, family members of a deceased person have valid reasons to question the legitimacy of wills, trusts and other documents. If you need to contest a will or trust in court, our lawyer can investigate the facts and advocate for your cause through litigation.
Plan Now, Create Lasting Benefits
At the Law Office of Tony S. Cullum, we work with local CPAs and other financial experts to create estate plans that limit taxation and maximize the benefit to you, your loved ones and heirs. Whether your financial situation is complex or relatively simple, we can meet your needs.
By meeting with us and discussing your finances and personal goals, you can be quickly on your way to a much different, and better, solution than you may have imagined.